What is Neuro Linguistic Programming - NLP?
Neuro Linguistic Programming – NLP – is a complementary therapy that helps people of all ages understand what makes them tick – how they think, feel, and make sense of everyday life.
If we break down the NLP jargon it means:
- Neuro: How you experience life events and translate this into thoughts and feelings using your five senses.
- Linguistic: How you attach verbal and non-verbal language to your experiences and communicate with yourself and others.
- Programming: How you learn and repeat your thought patterns based on your experiences which influence your behaviour and the actions you take.
NLP is a practical tool kit for the mind that will help you identify and process your thoughts and feelings to get the results you want in life!
How will NLP benefit me?
If any of the following statements sound familiar, Neuro Linguistic Programming will help you:
- I want to replace unhelpful beliefs and behaviour patterns
- I want to understand how achieving personal goals can be made easier
- I want to increase my self-esteem and confidence
- I want to overcome anxiety
- I want to reduce stress
- I want to positively change the way I think and behave
- I want to communicate more effectively with those around me
NLP uses highly effective tools and techniques to:
- Increase your self-awareness, drawing your attention to how you use language in verbal and non-verbal communication and the effects this has on your behaviour.
- Put you back in control of your thoughts and feelings and be able to make positive changes to the patterns of behaviour that stop you from achieving your goals.
- Empower you to take a step back and gain a new perspective of past experiences.
- Allow yourself to be open to the options available to you instead of feeling restricted by your life experiences.
- Strengthen your resilience and confidence to manage life’s challenges in the future.