What is Bowen Therapy?
Bowen is a subtle, relaxing, and often energising therapy.
Gentle rolling moves are applied at precise points on the body, through light clothing, using mainly fingers and thumbs, which can affect the muscles, ligaments and tendons through to cellular level.
During the first few moves fascia is disturbed and the central nervous system is stimulated, switching from sympathetic to para-sympathetic mode; this is the catalyst that can give the body and mind the opportunity to trigger a response and for healing to occur where needed.
Bowen Therapy can:
- Promote healing
- Give pain relief
- Rebalance Energy
- Address the whole of the body and central nervous system
- Help to release muscle spasm
- Relieve congested kidneys
- Stimulate the lymphatic system
- Release toxins through increased blood flow
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Regulate bodily systems allowing symptoms to resolve
- Relax and allow emotional release.
Some of the conditions that can be addressed with Bowen are:
- Anxiety/stress-related conditions
- Back, shoulder and neck pain
- Sciatica, spinal problems
- Digestive and bowel problems
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- General muscle stiffness
- Gynaecological conditions
- Headaches and migraine
- Hormonal imbalances
- Joint problems
- Respiratory conditions
- Repetitive strain injuries