Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis (CBTp)
Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
Narrative Therapy (NT)
Philosophy and style of working:
Dr Emma Hartley is a highly experienced Clinical Psychologist currently working in the NHS with people experiencing a First Episode of Psychosis and their families. Emma has worked in Adult Mental Health since qualification and previously provided psychological therapy to adults within a Community Mental Health Team setting.
Emma specialises in EMDR and trauma-informed approaches. She offers her clients an integrative approach to therapy drawing heavily on attachment and trauma-informed ways of understanding how difficulties in the here and now often have their origins in earlier life experiences. Emma is trained and accredited in a variety of psychological therapies and is able to integrate approaches to ensure that therapy is tailored to your specific needs.
Emma believes that effective therapy should be empowering, focused and meaningful, and built upon the foundation of a strong therapeutic relationship. Emma is able to work with adults, couples and families.
Experiences Emma is able to work with:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Complex PTSD
- Attachment and relationship trauma
- Dissociative experiences including depersonalisation and derealisation
- Loss and bereavement
- Mood variability including Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety and Panic
- Low Self Esteem
- Registered Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Accredited Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapist with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP)
- EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner
Training and Experience:
Emma qualified as a Clinical Psychologist in 2011 after completing a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of Oxford. She has worked in the National Health Service for over 14 years and during this time has practiced in a variety of different physical and mental health contexts.
- 2015 PG Cert (Post Graduate Certificate) in Traumatic Stress Studies – University of Reading
- 2008-2011 DClinPsych (Doctorate in Clinical Psychology) – University of Oxford
- 2002-2005 BSc (Hons) in Psychology – University of Leeds
- 2018 Family Intervention in Psychosis – University of Exeter
- 2016-2017 Top up in CBT for Psychosis (CBTp) – Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre
- 2016 Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Training – EMDR Works
- 2011 Level One Narrative Therapy Training – The Institute Of Narrative Therapy