Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis (CBTp)
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
Narrative Therapy (NT)
Philosophy and style of working:
Dr Emma Hartley is a highly experienced Clinical Psychologist currently working in the NHS with clients experiencing a First Episode of Psychosis. Emma has worked in Adult Mental Health since qualification and previously provided psychological therapy to adults within a Community Mental Health Team setting.
Emma offers her clients an integrative approach to treatment drawing on a range of evidence based psychological therapies (CBT, EMDR, CFT) to ensure that the therapy is tailored to the individual needs and goals of the clients. She is able to work with individuals, couples and families.
Emma has extensive experience in working with a variety of different mental health difficulties. She also has specialist skills in working with people who are experiencing trauma related mental health conditions.
Experiences Emma is able to work with:
- Trauma and PTSD
- Depressive disorders
- Phobias and Fears
- Self esteem
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Psychotic Depression
- Registered Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Accredited Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapist with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP)
Training and Experience:
Emma qualified as a Clinical Psychologist in 2011 after completing a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of Oxford. She has worked in the National Health Service for over 14 years and during this time has practiced in a variety of different physical and mental health contexts.
- 2015 PG Cert (Post Graduate Certificate) in Traumatic Stress Studies – University of Reading
- 2008-2011 DClinPsych (Doctorate in Clinical Psychology) – University of Oxford
- 2002-2005 BSc (Hons) in Psychology – University of Leeds
- 2018 Family Intervention in Psychosis – University of Exeter
- 2016-2017 Top up in CBT for Psychosis (CBTp) – Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre
- 2016 Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Training – EMDR Works
- 2011 Level One Narrative Therapy Training – The Institute Of Narrative Therapy