Parenting Support and Advice
We know that parenting is one of the most challenging of life’s tasks! Following our hugely successful public talk on “Parenting Teenagers” in 2016 in Marlborough, Bramham Therapy is delighted to now be able to include SUZIE HAYMAN in our team of health professionals.
Suzie is a UK leading parenting expert, broadcaster and author of 31 educational books on parenting. She will be offering online video or phone consultations to parents on a wide range of parenting dilemmas.
Philosophy and style of working:
With Suzie’s iconic informal and friendly style of relating to parents, she offers wise and pragmatic guidance to parents of children of ALL ages (including adult children).
Suzie has experience in helping couples understand and work through conflict and helping parents manage parenting dilemmas. She can help with parenting issues such as:
- step parenting and ‘blended families’
- single parenting
- sibling arguments
- family conflict and improving communication
- teenage difficulties eg understanding brain development, conflicts, boundaries, letting go
- the digital age & social media
- how to talk to your teenager about sex and pornography
- drugs and alcohol
- dealing with separation and divorce/post-divorce, helping children through those times
- transitional issues eg. after the honeymoon is over; when children go to school or from primary to secondary school (difficulties that can be faced by both child and parent); empty nest; retirement and the changes wrought by old age (looking at the impact on you, your children and the next generation).
- revitalising relationships
Training and Experience:
Suzie Hayman is:
- a Relate-trained counsellor
- an accredited Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) practitioner
- parenting educator and broadcaster
- author of 31 self-help books on families, including Raise a Happy Teenager, How to Have a Happy Family Life, How to Be a Great Step-Parent, and most recently Parents and Digital Technology, raising the connected generation (written with child psychologist John Coleman).
- Agony aunt for Woman magazine
- Has written for, amongst others, The Times and The Saturday Guardian, Woman’s Own and BBC Health Online.
- Suzie was the counsellor seen guiding five families through their family dilemmas in the major 2005 BBC series, Stepfamilies.
- She is a regular contributor on national and local radio and TV.
The following are testimonials from Bramham Therapy’s “Parenting Teens” talk and discussion with Suzie Hayman in 2016 in Marlborough.
The average score for our speaker, Suzie Hayman, was an overwhelming 4.97 out of 5 from 68 written forms!
Read our summary of this event with key learning points: https://www.bramhamtherapy.co.uk/parenting-teens-22-october-2016-in-marlborough/
Feedback from parents:
“Suzie is a warm and wise soul, who brought clarity and calm to this topic without denying the challenges involved. A must for any parent”
“Everyone should hear this talk!”
“Very informative, helpful, producing good open discussions”
“I wish the session could have lasted longer!
“Incredibly helpful with understanding problems and having a toolbox for constructive coping”
“Thought-provoking event, challenged my comfort zone of parenting! Excellent.”
“Very useful perspective on key issues”
“Extremely worthwhile. Thank you”
“Really insightful – could have been twice as long”
“Suzie was brilliant. Huge thanks”
“Excellent – so useful”
“Fabulous, very helpful, thank you”
“Excellent presentation and discussion session, found it extremely informative, thank you”
“1 minute timer for talking and listening – great tip, I will use”