Julie offers a 45 min initial appointment that costs £50. During this initial appointment, you will be able to discuss your needs and think about a way forward. If you and Julie agree on further ongoing sessions thereafter these will last for 50 minutes and the cost will be £50.
Bramham Therapy clinics:
Direct mobile number for Julie Luscombe:
Person-Centred Counselling, Specialist in Trauma and Abuse
Philosophy and Style of Working:
Julie offers offers a safe, non-judgemental place to explore difficulties and bring about change. Counselling is a healing relationship, where you will feel supported to face some of life’s difficult changes. Self-esteem and confidence can be affected by life’s troubles, which can be hugely improved through counselling. Having someone to talk to and work through trauma symptoms can alleviate distress and empower life. Julie works therapeutically with both adults and children who have been abused, historic and current. She helps them find a greater sense of safety and security and start on the road to recovery and to understand how to manage trauma symptoms.
Julie has extensive experience in Domestic Violence & Abuse, historic and current. She has developed a training program related to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) to help front line workers, which she has delivered through A&E and Eating Disorder Units, a well known hospital, police, doctors and the local council.
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling, which is a non-directive and non-judgmental approach to being with another; that believes in the other’s potential and ability to make the right choices for themself, regardless of the therapist’s own values, beliefs and ideas.
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Diploma in Clinical and Pastoral Counselling Skills
- Trust House Reading specialist training in Rape and Abuse Centre for men and women
Training and Experience:
Julie currently works with the Victims First Specialist Counselling Service to provide therapeutic interventions to victims of crime across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire.
- Currently working for a well-known charity, Trust House Reading
- From 2016-2017 Julie worked for the Independent Child Abuse Inquiry supporting survivors
- Extensive experience in working with Domestic Violence, Abuse, Sexual Violation and Trauma