Psychotherapy and Counselling
Philosophy and style of working:
Clare is an Integrative Counsellor, drawing on a variety of therapeutic models. This enables her to work with a wide variety of clients, allowing her to offer a flexible approach to each individual. She offers a safe, confidential space where you can reflect on the difficulties in your life to gain understanding and the possibility for change. After an initial consultation the therapy usually consists of a weekly 50 minute session. Therapy can be short-term and focused or open-ended – depending on your need.
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Bath Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling (BCPC) (UKCP and BACP accredited)
- Diploma in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling (Distinction), BCPC (UKCP and BACP accredited)
- Qualified Member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Qualified Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Currently studying for a BACP L5 Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People (BCPC) to be completed in March 2020.
Training and Experience:
Clare is an experienced therapist who in addition to private practice, has worked with Cotswold Counselling in Cirencester and continues to work with the University of Southampton, meeting with students and adults with a wide range of issues including bereavement, anxiety, depression, stress, identity issues, abuse, relationship issues, low self- esteem, life changes, anger and illness.